Citizenship & PSHEe
Personal Social Health and Economic education (PSHEe) is an essential part of our school curriculum preparing children for opportunities, responsibilities and experiences both in school and in later life. It is integral across our whole school vision and curriculum and is tailored to the individual needs of the children in our school. Our PSHEe programme of study is built to equip children with a sound understanding of risk, and with the skills and knowledge to make safe and informed decisions.
Our PSHEe programme is taught alongside the SEAL (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) scheme. The PSHEe programme covers, but is not exhaustive to, the following areas:
- Keeping safe
- Health and Hygiene
- Eating healthily and keeping fit
- Cultural diversity and differences
- Financial capability
- Citizenship and Pupil voice
- Being part of a community
- Looking after the environment
- Sex and Relationships Education (SRE) following statutory guidance
- Drugs and Tobacco Education (DATE) following statutory guidance
- Careers and Aspirations
For additional information about this subject, please contact the school office and ask to speak to the subject leader.