A good PE curriculum inspires pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities.
We aim to:
- promote an enjoyment of physical activity
- help children to be more skilful in the ways they control their movements and develop co-ordination.
- develop positive attitudes to health, hygiene and fitness
- teach children how the body responds to activity
- contribute to children’s social and emotional development
- promote children’s confidence and self-esteem
- embed qualities such as commitment, fairness, tolerance and concern for others
- help children cope with losing and develop a sense of sportsmanship
For additional information about this subject, please contact the school office and ask to speak to the subject leader.
Sports News and Events 2018-2019
Sport News and Events 2017-18
Cluster Sports Hall Athletics 2018
Year 5 and 6 Sandown were invited to the indoor athletics cluster event held at Hastings Academy. Only 6 boys and 6 girls were allowed to take part and after a careful and difficult selection process, coaches Mr Davies and Miss Smith were proud to lead a triumphant team.
Children took part in one or two of the 4 track events consisting of: 1 + 1 relay, 2 + 2 relay, 6 lap parlauf and a 4 x 1 relay.
Children also took part in one of the 3 field events consisting of: speed bounce, standing long jump and chest push.
The results confirmed that Sandown were the overall winners!
The children have now qualified for the local school finals this week! A huge congratulations to all involved!
At the event we were also privileged to receive the Gold Award for competitive sport engagement for 2016 - 2017. You can see the photo of the children receiving it and winning the trophy.
Well done Sandown!