All schools receive funds to improve the provision of Physical Education and Sport in school (Sport Premium).
Find out what we achieved with the funds in our PE Premium report 2021-22.
The PE and sport premium plan 2021-22 shows how we put the money towards our objectives.
Whole school impact
PE and Sport Premium impact 2021-22
- A ‘Unity in Diversity’ week with Invictus athlete Darran Challis to raise awareness of individual differences.
- All staff trained in the Intent and Implementation of PE across the school.
- ‘Get Fitter’ award invented for a weekly challenge to keep active at home. Nominations and winner announced in assemblies.
- Sandown entered 21 sporting competitions. 70% of KS2 represented the school in at least one event
- Daily Mile stamp cards used to promote running the daily mile before school, break times and lunch times.
- Virtual Games Award achieved for providing opportunities to be active during lockdown.
- Over 100 pupils competed in our Cross Country competition. Sandown Yr 3/4 won the Albion Cup.
- Year 4 attended two terms of swimming lessons by qualified coaches. KS1 had lessons from Sussex Cricket coaches.
- 38 clubs delivered and 83% of school participated in at least one club. (76% DP and 73% SEN).
- Over 20 Play leaders had regular training and provided activities for KS1 at lunch times. MDSA’s also given training
- Outdoor Learning provided for every year group by our Sandown Outdoor Learning Team
- Ofsted inspection ‘deep dived’ PE and school was judged as ‘Good’.
See full PE Premium report for quotes.