All schools receive funds to improve the provision of Physical Education and Sport in school (Sport Premium).
The PE and sport premium plan 2019-20 shows how we put the money towards our objectives.
Whole school impact
- A ‘Unity in Diversity’ week with Invictus athlete Darran Challis to raise awareness of individual differences.
- All staff trained in the Intent and Implementation of PE across the school.
- ‘Get Fitter’ award invented for a weekly challenge to keep active at home. Nominations and winner announced in assemblies.
- Sandown entered 21 sporting competitions. 70% of KS2 represented the school in at least one event
- Daily Mile stamp cards used to promote running the daily mile before school, break times and lunch times.
- Virtual Games Award achieved for providing opportunities to be active during lockdown.
- Over 100 pupils competed in our Cross Country competition. Sandown Yr 3/4 won the Albion Cup.
- Year 4 attended two terms of swimming lessons by qualified coaches. KS1 had lessons from Sussex Cricket coaches.
- 38 clubs delivered and 83% of school participated in at least one club. (76% DP and 73% SEN).
- Over 20 Play leaders had regular training and provided activities for KS1 at lunch times. MDSA’s also given training
- Outdoor Learning provided for every year group by our Sandown Outdoor Learning Team
- Ofsted inspection ‘deep dived’ PE and school was judged as ‘Good’. See full PE Premium report for quotes.